This West Riding of Yorkshire Map was commissioned to commemorate World War II and to mark the importance that agriculture, industry and the role that women played on the home front in securing that victory. The West Riding of Yorkshire extended far beyond the boundaries of current day West Yorkshire and included Skipton, Ripon, Harrogate, Sheffield, Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley, Selby and Goole amongst numerous others.
The map details towns, larger villages, rivers and the industrial and agricultural products produced within those areas. It gives special mention to the role of the Women’s Institute and the importance of British farms along with excerpts of Winston Churchill’s speeches.
This vibrant work brings to life part of our recent history and is a masterpiece of it’s kind. This classic piece would look stunning mounted (as illustrated above) and would form a centrepiece of any room.
* A crest of the West Riding
* Insignias of the King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry, York & Lancaster Regiment, the West Yorkshire Regiment and the Duke of Wellington Regiment
* Vignettes of Fountains Abbey, Temple Newsam and the City of York
* The Women’s Land Army crest
* A detailed geographical representation of the West Riding of Yorkshire
Dimensions and packing:
A1 and A2 prints
All of our prints now come precision trimmed and ready to mount in standard frames.
Our A1 print measures 23.4 in x 33.1 in and A2 print is 16.5 in x 23.4 in.
These prints are sent via Royal Mail in a sturdy cardboard tube.
Our prints are always rolled – never folded – so they reach you in pristine condition.