1934 Shipley Map – Special Edition
£14.99 – £16.99
This 1934 Shipley Map – Special Edition covers the equivalent area shown in the modern day Shipley map below
This 1934 Shipley map is a composite produced from 2 separate maps of the 201 Yorkshire County series maps from 1934. They have carefully been blended together and re-positioned so that Shipley centre is now shown in its full glory on just one map. This work has been lovingly crafted by hard work and with a little Photoshop magic!! It covers a wide area but maintains a high level of detail. This map shows Shipley a thriving and hardworking West Riding town and its associated industries.
The image shown here of the 1934 Shipley is a low resolution copy with a watermark. The purchase edition is a high quality image and of course carries no watermark! The snippets of the ??? give a true indication of the quality and resolution of this work.
This map is printed on premium quality 180gsm heavyweight paper and uses the fine quality inks that do not fade or smudge. This work would form the centrepiece for any room and looks stunning mounted (as illustrated).
This map is a must for all people who love Shipley !
This 1934 map includes the following areas of interest amongst others:
● Shipley Town Hall – completed in 1832 and opened by the Earl of Harewood
● Carnegie Library – financed by the famous Scottish-American steel industry tycoon Andrew Carnegie
● St Paul’s Church – built between 1823 and 1826
● Shipley’s two railway stations
● Airedale Mills – Baildon Bridge, built 1850, factory owner Joseph Hargreaves
● Fire Brigade Station
● Junction Mills
● Christ Church, Windhill
● Crow Gill Park – opened in 1890 including a band stand
● Ring O’Bells public house – claims to be the oldest pub in Shipley dating back to 1821
● Leeds & Liverpool Canal and the River Aire
External links of interest:
A1 print, A2 print