1908 Bradford Map – Special Edition
£5.50 – £12.00
This 1908 Bradford Map – Special Edition covers the equivalent area shown in the modern day Bradford map below
This 1908 Bradford map is a composite produced from 2 separate maps of the 216 Yorkshire County series maps from 1908. They have carefully been blended together and re-positioned so that Bradford City Centre is now shown in its full glory on just one map. This work has been lovingly crafted by hard work and with a little Photoshop magic!! It covers a wide area but maintains a high level of detail. This map shows Bradford a city famed the world over for the quality and quantity of its worsted textile goods.
The image shown here of the 1908 Bradford is a low resolution copy with a watermark. The purchase edition is a high quality image and of course carries no watermark! The snippets of the Bradford’s many mills, Bradford town hall and Hanover Square give a true indication of the quality and resolution of this work.
This map is printed on premium quality 180gsm heavyweight paper and uses the fines quality inks that do not fade or smudge. This work would form the centrepiece for any room and looks stunning mounted (as illustrated).
This map is a must for all people who love Bradford !
This 1908 map includes the following areas of interest amongst others:
● St Peter’s Church – Became Bradford Cathedral in 1919
● Numerous railway stations and depots – Exchange and Midland station, Bridge St and Adoplphus St depots
● Bradford town hall – completed in 1871
● The Wool Exchange on Market St – where textile deals were struck
● Entertainment – St George’s Hall, Theatre Royal and Prince’s Theatre, Windsor Baths …
● Many mills – Lumb Lane, Beehive, Britannia, Providence, Zetland, Barkerend, Eastbrook – to name a few
● Education – Bradford Grammar School, Technical College and School of Art
● Forster Square and Town Hall Square
● Mechanics Institute
● Other industry – Saw mills, breweries, iron works, printing works and profusion of warehouses
External links of interest:
- Bradford Photographic Society
- Bradford Timeline
- Bradford Family History Society
- Telegraph & Argus archives
A1 print, A2 print, Download