Old Yorkshire Maps proudly announces the release of their 1893 Special Edition Saltaire map which portrays this unique UNESCO World Heritage Site “model village” in the late 1800s. This work blends two separate maps and draws them together into a single print. This colour map looks stunning and has been digitally cleaned. Prices start from just £10 – click on the map for details.
This high-quality print uses premium 180gsm heavyweight paper and the finest quality inks that do no smudge or fade.
This unique print allows you to rediscover the historical gem of Saltaire and imagine walking down its streets!
This map is a must for all history lovers and people who love Saltaire!
This 1893 map includes the following areas of interest amongst many others:
● Salts mill – produced 5,500 miles of fabric cloth in a year!!
● Caroline Street – named after Salt’s wife
● Saltaire Congregational Chapel
● Saltaire hospital – completed 1868 – located on Saltaire Road
● Saltaire Park – later to become Roberts park
● Alexandra Square – site of the almshouses
● Saltaire railway station – opened 1856
● Leeds & Liverpool canal – a key factor in locating Saltaire
● Lockwood Street and Mawson Street – named after the architects
● Hirst wood and the Hirst lock